Blog Caption

Blog Caption

October 2, 2014

I Tried a Holistic Remedy for a Urinary Tract Infection and It Worked

I'm so excited to share this...
The end of last week I had that familiar terrible sensation
that you get when you have a urinary tract infection coming on...
Usually I'd call the doctor...
go to the doctor and spend countless hours in the waiting room...
and then wait some more in the exam room...
he'd come in...
you tell your symptoms...
yep...uti...here's your prescription...
take it to Target or where ever...
wait some more for it to be filled...
blah, blah...
I decided to take a different approach this time...
I hopped online and googled holistic remedy for a urinary tract infection...
Yep...I've seriously lost it...
So I started going through the sites I'm familiar with...
Of course the number one remedy was cranberry...
and then quite a few talked about baking soda...
baking soda?
Apparently it makes the bladder environment more alkaline 
which doesn't allow bacteria to multiply...who knew?!
(most of our bodies are acidic from all the crap we put in it 
which allows bad bacteria to take over)
1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon mixed with 8 ounces of water...
I went in the kitchen and whipped it up...
I gave it the taste test...not very appealing...
what's the worst thing that could happen...
it doesn't cure the problem and I go to the doctor...
I decided the best method was just to slam it...
so down the hatch it went...
Afterwards, I headed to the grocery for cranberry...
I had heard about cranberry tablets...
I was all for that but the ones I found all contained soy
(which is one of the most genetically modified crops out there)
so I headed to the juice aisle where I bought organic pressed cranberry juice...
I got home and took a swig of that...
yuck! 
(definitely not the kind you find in your favorite fruity cocktail)
When it doesn't have all the sugar, it is pretty potent and not at all tasty...
I poured some in a dixie cup and slammed that...
I then diluted the rest with water and sipped on it through the day...
I have to say, it all helped...
(probably because it was in a monogrammed glass)
It definitely wasn't any worse...
The next day...
I started my day with the baking soda cocktail and followed with the cranberry...
I did this for a few days and lo and behold it went away...
no doctor's office...no antibiotic...no copay...
just the cost of the juice...
(I already had the baking soda at home)
Will this work for everyone?
I have no idea but it's worth a try...
the worst thing that happens is, it doesn't and you go to the doctor...

On a side note...
I went to multiple drug stores, GNC & grocery stores 
and could not find any organic cranberry tablets...
I finally went on Amazon and ordered some off there...
I'm going to take one (they are seriously larger than horse pills) a few times a week 
to, hopefully, prevent any reoccurrences...

Post a Comment