Blog Caption

Blog Caption

February 22, 2013

Balance - A Work In Progress Learn From Your Mistakes Kind Of Thing

We've all had those weeks where we have so much to do and so little time to do it...
That was me last week...and the week before...
And not only was I overbooked...
I had orders that didn't fire me up...
So here I was rushing because I had too much on my plate...
(due to no one's fault but my own)
and my results were sub par...
bogies at best...
I missed many shots that week...
and in many ways...
Have you ever noticed when you rush, you make many more mistakes?
Because I was just trying to get the cookies done...
they really weren't my best...
I wasn't exactly happy to serve my family...probably quite the opposite...
annoyed at having to take care of them...
I didn't like some of the orders I had taken (meaning the designs)...
so I did them, grudgingly, with no passion...
That's just a FEW of the shots I missed...
Finding balance is definitely a work in progress...learn from your mistakes kind of thing...
It all comes down to tweaking and finding what works & what doesn't...
I am not the type of person who likes to have an array of different cookies...
I like to have a handful of designs that I do exceptionally well...
Does that mean I don't enjoy custom orders?  Not by a long shot...
Some of my best designs have been from custom orders...
But I know what I do well and when I knowingly deviate...that's when I tend to fall short...
When I try to do things my way instead of God's way...roadblocks pop up...
So during my morning bible time (as I was frustrated and SO unmotivated)...
I was praying for God to show me his way and this verse popped up...
Romans 5:3...to rejoice in our sufferings because we know that suffering produces perseverance...perseverance, character...and character, hope.
My suffering was taking on too much willingly...
and not doing everything for the glory of God...
A standard of grace not perfection (per Emily Ley)...
All I can do is work to make it better...
And I have a much better attitude today...
Live & learn!

Post a Comment