Blog Caption

Blog Caption

April 10, 2012

Cookie Preparations

As I have been mentioning...
I have a very large order of cookies (300) to make, decorate, package and send out...
This is my largest order to date and hopefully the first of many...
tumblr_lxp9c5OL291qlehr3o1_r1_1280
I tried to be very organized in the preparation to be as efficient as possible...
First I lined all my pans with parchment...
(I love my little cookie rack...such a good investment)
Then I moved on to the ingredients...
I learned from some fabulous cookie guru (although I can't recall which one)
to assemble your drys together in a ziplock so they are ready to go...
I can't tell you what a help that is...
I then pour it into my trusty, favorite blue bowl...
I also love to have a bowl to crack my eggs into...
and a bowl for my extracts...
plus I move my garbage can right beside me so I can ditch items as I go...
My sweet Spooky came to check on me...
saw I was doing fine and went to rest on the back of the couch 
where he knows he's not suppose to be...
Once all my dough was made it was on to rolling out...
(which is good upper body exercise...I'm sore today)...
I like to roll my dough out in between two sheets of parchment
and this little flour shaker that I purchased at an antique shop has been a godsend...
And then...voila...the finished products...
60 little pretties are in tupperware because this rack only holds 240...
And there you have it...
Did you notice my bouquet of tulips that are in every pic...
Left over from Easter and they were too pretty not to share...
The decorating starts today...

images via:
Sweet Goosie Girl

Post a Comment