Blog Caption

Blog Caption

April 20, 2012

Sweet Friday - Frozen Orange Cocktail

So this past week I have had FCAT 
(the Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test) at school...
When the students weren't testing, they had to be kept quiet 
as other rooms around us were testing so it was movies, movies, movies for us...
While they were watching, 
I was perusing inspiring party girl blogs (the ones I wasn't blocked from)...
I stumbled across Ashley Brooke Designs who is a fabulous artist/designer...
Have you visited with her?  You really should...She's very talented...
I think I about read every post she's written 
and when I came across a Margarita recipe that her mother in law is known for...
Well...that got me thinking...
since yesterday was the last day of testing...
I thought it was most appropriate for a celebration...
So I stopped by the store on the way home 
for some tasty ingredients like rum, triple sec, etc.
And I whipped up a tasty variation of her recipe...
It is so yummy and refreshing...
Perhaps you'd like to give it a try this weekend...
All you need is:
6 ounces Rum (her recipe calls for Tequila)
4 ounces Triple Sec
12 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate (her recipe calls for frozen limeade)
6 ounces water
ice to your favorite consistency
mix all in blender...
pour in your favorite glass (if I had more time I would have sugared the rim )
garnish with a squeeze & slice of fresh orange...
add your favorite stripey straw...
and sip up!
Cheers!




Post a Comment