Blog Caption

Blog Caption

October 6, 2012

Edible Imaging & Design Deconstructed Part 2 - How It Works

I was just able to finally sit down and play with my new edible toys...
My edible printer loaded with edible ink and edible icing sheets in which to print on...
So here's how it worked...
I designed two printable images in which to use...
One was for Breast Cancer Awareness since this is the month for it...
and the other was for Halloween...
I then printed out these images with my new edible printer & edible ink...
onto edible icing sheets (which look like paper, but hence the name, are made of icing...
and then used my 2.5" circle punch to cut out the image...
Next...
I took one of Sweet Goosie Girl's sugar cookies that I had made...
put Sweet Goosie Girl's delicious royal icing on the top...
adhered the edible circle image on to the cookie...
and added a decorative royal icing border to the edge...

Now I'm sure you are wondering, as I was, if this icing sheet alters the taste...
Of course I tried it (as well as Goosie Girl) and am happy to report 
that it tastes just like my normal cookie that I've been making...no taste adjustment at all!
Still the pretty & delicious cookie that you're used to! 
So why am I so excited about this?
Because there are SO many precious printables out there that designers have made...
and they can just be adhered to one of my cookies...
They are perfect for:
 Accenting dessert tables...
Being able to be personalized...
Being used as favors...
Taken to school for birthdays in lieu (or in addition) to cupcakes...
Matching exactly the paperie products you are using...
Corporate logos...
And the list goes on and on...
So what are you waiting for?
Order yours today!

Post a Comment