Blog Caption

Blog Caption

January 10, 2013

Dressing For Work

I fell into a rut, that I think started last year
maybe a little earlier...
I used to be a person who picked out & ironed all their clothes on Sunday
so they were ready for the work week...
I loved being prepared, freshly pressed & sporting a cute outfit when I went to school...
Somewhere a long the way, that process went by the way side...
I guess I was being lazy because I stopped ironing 
and just wore items that didn't require effort...
I mean I looked okay but definitely not my best according to my standards...
And then I started working at home...
it was so easy to stay in my work out attire all day, hair pulled back, no makeup on...
I mean who cared?  No one saw me except when I ran errands looking like that...eek!
I didn't really like it but I didn't do anything about it either...
Well I am now...
Another goal for 2013...
Be put together daily...
that means pressed outfit...showered...hair done...makeup...
I'm going to work...just because it happens to be at home doesn't matter...
It is my job to look good...
And when I take the time to get ready...I feel SO much better!
I'm definitely having to tweak my wardrobe staples to get them where they need to be...
My family keeps asking me...why are you so dressed up?
(mind you...I'm in capris, a simple sweater & flats)...
I'm not...this is what normal people wear...
this is how normal people look when they go to work...they don't stay in sweats all day...
I must also say, the way you are treated in public 
is also different when you look presentable vs when you look sloppy...
Does it take effort?  Yes...
Is it necessary?  Absolutely...
I'm getting back to the basics...DO what needs to be done...

images via Tumblr

5 comments:

  1. So true and such a great reminder. Oh and I LOVE that chevron dress! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...I wish it was mine...total cuteness!! Thanks SO much for posting!!

      Delete
  2. Fun post! lol I HEAR you sistah!!! & LMAO @ the word "press"! I've never been a button down shirt kinda Superchick! Irons are for CRAFTING! ;) Seriously though, I'm in that rut now actually, have been for a while, comfort and "who gives a crap" wins! Yoga pants and tanks have taken over!!!! Makeup? Not unless I have to exit the studio! UGH!!! I wish I had the motivation to step it up... but honestly... it feels like a waste of a "billable hour". You're RIGHT, I'm wrong, I know it but grrrrrrrrrrr LOL :)
    Superchick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought a steamer and LOVE it! It's way easier than ironing and faster too! I'm trying to get back in the habit of doing it the night before so clothes are ready to go in the a.m....thanks for posting!!! :)

      Delete
  3. I've always told my kids that the way they look in public will be a factor in how they are treated. I always make sure they are dressed nicely if we visit someone in the hospital...believe it, or not, that makes a difference too :) Love the reminder!!

    ReplyDelete