Blog Caption

Blog Caption

January 9, 2013

Processes/Routines

I can remember preplanning week my first year of teaching...
I had my room set up, posters hung...
photo
and my mentor/friend (who had been teaching for 20+ years) came in
and started asking me simple questions like...
Where are the students going to turn in their work?
Have you thought about how your going to pass out/pass in papers? 
side to side...front to back?
How do they check out books from the classroom library?
uh...
Things that would happen everyday and I didn't know how they would work...
I came up with processes/routines that would not only help me but my students as well...
I had to tweak & retweak, as the years went on, until I had a smooth sailing vessel...
I'm finding myself in that same preplanning week only this time with a business...
Simple things that happen daily and I don't have a plan...
causing me stress & anxiety not to mention unproductivity...
So little by little I am back to tweaking & retweaking...

tumblr_m3h9wekxlJ1qm3r26o1_400.jpg
It's not something that happens overnight...
It's an ongoing process but it allows me to work smarter rather than harder...
and since that is one of my goals for 2013...I'm all about it!

images via:
Flickr
Teaching With TLC
Pinterest

Post a Comment